Friday, July 25, 2014

Candyland

Candyland is my newest quilt -- finished it just moments ago and just in time to post in in the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller 2014 Challenge.  It measures 33" x 50"


I used three of the six fabrics to create this sunny little quilt.  I think I may add more quilting to it too, but first I must post it as tonight is the deadline for entering this challenge!

Additional info:  I started and completed this quilt in three days!  That must be a record for me, but then it does not account for the many weeks of pondering ideas once I received my fabrics for the challenge.  Since I began this quilt in the month of July, I am counting Candyland as my NewFO for the month of July.  The really fun fact is not only did I begin the quilt, but I also finished it in July -- although I am still considering adding more quilting and it still needs a label on the back (the official sign of completion, right?

For those who might be wondering, I did not place in the competition.  The winning quilts are superb and can be found by clicking here:  http://themodernquiltguild.wordpress.com/2014/08/01/michael-miller-fabric-challenge-the-winners-are/

2 comments:

Sarah Goer Quilts said...

That is a great name for this quilt! I love all the colors.

Barbara said...

Wow! Fast work, my dear. Very pretty quilt.