Monday, July 7, 2014

Fields of Blue

At long last, I am making new quilts for my sons.  They each are selecting the pattern and telling me their color preferences (and can even pull-out some of the fabrics I have selected to use, though I might over-rule them occasionally).

This post features Isaac's "Fields of Blue" quilt.  Here it is on the long arm in Pam Quiltaholic's studio.
If you are looking for someone to do your quilting for you, I highly recommend the talents of Pam Quiltaholic!  She excels at custom, free-motion quilting.  We talked over different options before deciding to use this pattern of meandering geometric squares and rectangles (see below). 




I am also dedicated to finishing projects this year, and am participating in (though not always posting by the deadlines) A Lovely Year of Finishes.  For the month of July, my goal is to put the binding onto a minimum of three quilts (possibly more ... but I might be getting ahead of myself).  Click here to see who else is participating in July.  You can see me at # 105.

In June, I made labels and stitched them onto four quilts.  Only one was made recently (start to finish); the other three have been finished for ages -- two residing on the back of my couch and loveseat in our living room!  Why is it that the quilts that seem to get finished (all the way to the labelling stage) the fastest are the quilts that are made for others?

Check back at the end of the month to see if I successfully reached my goal of binding three quilts, the first being "Fields of Blue" shown above (note: I'm not promising anything about the labels!)


No comments: