Starting at the beginning ....
an ABC Primer
has been completed all the way to Z
and this lovely finished quilt now belongs to sweet baby James,
the darling grandson of dear friends!
the darling grandson of dear friends!
Here is the full view.
The fabrics were purchased in my local quilt shop, Quilt 'n Sew in Katy, Texas.
Check out their website: http://www.quiltnsew.com/
But first say hello to the new owner of this baby quilt....
May I introduce ... baby James! Isn't he the cutest?
Can you believe that his favorite pasttime is reading?
He will be as literate as his English college professor parents and his grandpa, unless he follows his grandma and becomes a doctor!
More about the quilt ...
The ABC Primer fabric collection, produced by Wilmington Prints, was available only through independent quilt shops, which I love to support. When I spied this lovely collection, I knew I had to buy the cloth baby book, the growth chart and a few of the coordinating prints, since I had several pregnant friends and two nieces also expecting babies. I cut apart the baby book panel into 12 separate blocks which I then sashed with some of the coordinating prints, adding a full border of the overall print. I love the look of this fabric collection.
The illustrations remind me of the classic British Victorian illustrators
Randolph Caldecott, Walter Crane and especially my favorite,
Kate Greenaway.
Once I finished piecing the quilt top, I talked over quilting designs and options with my awesome friend Pam Biswas. She has a new long-arm business and creates stunning work! I love her tight quilting, especially the curlicues scattered across the quilt. Please check out her website at http://www.pamquiltaholic.com/.
This is my finish for this month's "A Lovely Year of Finishes" challenge. I am #52 of the 96 pledges found in the goal setting linky party found here and #65 in the finishes linky party found here.
I can't believe I am getting this posted just as the deadline arrives!
(Will I ever finish things in a more timely fashion?)
I can't believe I am getting this posted just as the deadline arrives!
(Will I ever finish things in a more timely fashion?)







1 comment:
Sweet little quilt,fun and sturdy thanks to the lovely quilting. The pictures are charming and will be enjoyed by baby and parents as they cuddle and talk about each image. Adorable baby. Well documented.
Post a Comment