Wednesday, October 8, 2014

charity quilts-to-be ...

Here it is ... documented evidence that I have accepted the challenge to make charity quilts for the Houston Modern Quilt Guild using these donated fabrics which have been bundled primarily for this purpose ....


I selected this blue/green bundle because there are a few fabrics in it that I really love.

The funny thing is that I selected this second bundle of warmer colors for the same reason - I really love some of the fabrics included in this collection, too.

The funniest thing of all -- these were bundled because the charity chairs thought these fabrics were simply to ugly to be used for anything else, so why not bundle into color groupings?   There were even more groups that I liked a piece or two tucked inside, but I resisted.  I was strong.  I only took two bundles, however I am getting worried.  Is my lust for need-to-own-more-more-more fabrics blinding me?  Or do I have a hugely wide range of colors, prints, fabric lines, etc. that I love?

Sadly the answer is probably Yes, to both queries!  When (and where?) does the Fabric-Lust-Support Group meet?  What is their name?  Fabriholics Anonymous?  There is no offense intended toward the many bonafide and extremely helpful support groups in the world, but I do think I might need to enroll in something .... somewhere ... or start the first FA group myself.  What do you think?  Are you in?

Meanwhile, I ponder ... hmmm, what to make, what to create, what to do with these two collections before you ... after all, I have promised to make at least two charity quilts using these fabrics.  Fortunately, the deadline is eons away ....

No comments: