Friday, October 24, 2014

roll-up gifts

At a meeting this summer, one that I was unable to attend, my fellow Houston Modern Quilt Guild members shared four ideas to make now for gifting in the future (or for using now, your choice!)

I was able to buy a left-over kit and proceeded to make this cute roll-up tote.  So neat and tidy that it's easy to keep tucked into your purse.  Thank you Amy (she presented this project as well as planning this fun event!)!  Check out her great blog House of Bad Cats.


Here it is completed (above) and all rolled up ready to tuck in my purse (below).


I think it is really rather cute!

I must whip together a few more.  After all, what a great way to use up more of my fabric that seems to be lingering in my stockpiles of way-too-much-fabric.  I must clear some out so I have room for new purchases!  Maybe I will make these for all my dear ones -- plus it shows that I am making an effort to Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.  So many great intentions ... stay tuned for updates!

No comments: