I've been busy this month and have finished my UFO of an ancient JoAnn's Block of the Month program. Remember these blocks?
I cut 8 1/2" squares of some similar era (as in old, probably JoAnn's remnants) Christmas prints and pieced together this diagonal row-by-row top.
It is destined to be a charity quilt, as soon as I turn it into my traditional guild, the Quilt Guild of Greater Houston (QGGH), to be quilted (or tied) and bound.
I also finished not one, nor two but four blocks for this special hush-hush quilt for a friend in my modern guild, the Houston Modern Quilt Guild (HMQG). Hopefully we have enough blocks collected now to finish this quilt for one of our members -- hush-hush.
This is called the Japanese x and + block and it was fast and easy to sew. It finishes to a 12.5" size (or 13" unfinished). Megan of CityStitches has posted excellent directions in case you wish to make your own Japanese x and + block on her blog here:
I did more stitching and pieced another charity top for my traditional quilt guild, QGGH. So next month I will be turning in two quilt tops to our Comforters Corner (charity quilts we make and give away) in April.
Of these three projects, I like the Japanese x and + polka dot blocks the best.
This completes my month's "A Lovely Year of Quilt Finishes" challenge. Join our monthly challenge group, or click here to see the others who have completed their March goals and posted links. I am linky #29 (gotta love a prime number!). On the Goals for March page where the Goal Setting Party is happening, I am linky #58 (my goal linky is twice my finish linky - more math fun).









2 comments:
Congrats on your finish. I like the way you set it together with the other blocks. It looks great!
A great finish! Love that you used old blocks and put them together with other blocks. Giving to charity is something I do, too.
Post a Comment