Tuesday, March 3, 2015

UFO to work on....

Trying to clean out old projects, give away old fabrics, basically make new space in my sewing area (it's too messy at the moment to call it a sewing studio!), I came across these blocks.  They are from a Block of the Month from JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores several years ago.  I did not purchase the blocks when they were first being released (one per month), rather I grabbed them from the clearance section.  I've done this before -- I buy multiple sets of the months I like and then create my own new setting for the quilt.

 
These blocks were already all pieced.  The quilt has a Christmas-y feel, but you may not get that from just these four blocks.  These blocks are my project to finish this month for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I plan to come up with a new setting, and find other fabric in my stash to use to finish this into a lap size quilt which I will then donate to my local traditional quilt guild's charity quilt collection.  Click here to see who else has joined this month's challenge by setting their goals of finishing one project and sharing the progress (or lack there of) with the Lovely Year of Finishes gang.  Look carefully to find me; I am linky #58.

Also this month, I must piece a few new blocks from new fabrics for a "Hush, Hush, surprise quilt" for a quilting friend -- and that is all I can say about that at this time.  But I will share the fabrics that I aim to use.  
Here's a hint for the "hush hush" theme -- do these colors and polka dots make you think of Mickey and Minnie Mouse?  These blocks are my NewFO for March.  Sadly, Cat Patches is no longer running her NewFO challenge - it ended in January 2015.  Sigh.  It is still fun to start new projects though and I love that she gave us the permission to start something new, guilt-free.



No comments: