Monday, January 4, 2016

Felice's quilt-along

It is the new year and a good time to focus on finishing projects ... setting goals ... and starting something new just for the fun of it!

Yes, with all that I have already begun (many of which I have neglected to share here), I have indeed started a new quilt.  This is a Quilt-Along that my friend Felice (aka iamlunasol on InstaGram) has devised, designed and shared one block a week on her blog SewScatterbrained.  Click here to see all the blocks and their names and directions.  She calls her quilt the Drunkard's Wife, spoofing the currently popular Farmer's Wife and paying homage to all the quilters who make Oopsies while stitching up their perfect sampler quilts.  Here is an excerpt in her words from her introductory post ....
The inspiration for a fun Quilt A-long combines two activities I cherish: quilting and drinking. I'm calling it The Drunkard's Wife Quilt-Along.
We've all been there. We've gotten tipsy at quilt retreats or had a little too much with dinner, but hey! We got quilts to make! And then we make oopsies. It's time to celebrate those stupid mistakes. The Drunkard's Wife Quilt-Along is an exercise in f***ing up. 


I have made many blocks intended for a variety of sampler quilts, but this may be my favorite so far.  To stitch up a block with a purposeful mistake is quirky and I am playing catch up since Felice started her quilt-along in November of 2015 while I have only just now decided to join the quirky fun.  I plan to catch up quickly (fingers crossed) and hope to make this my first completion in the new year.

I will be using a variety of pinks, and especially ones from Emma's Garden,  Patty Sloniger's third collection with Michael Miller Fabrics.  Follow Patty on her blog BeckandLundy.  

Updates on my catch-up attempt to come soon (very very soon!).

No comments: