Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Whiskey Sour

This is the second block in the Drunkard's Wife Quilt-Along, but in actuality, it is the first block that I made in this series.

block #2 -  Whiskey Sour

This Whiskey Sour block is a Twisted Oops on the traditional Churn Dash block which is a variation of a traditional 9-patch quilt block.  The center butterfly is from Emma's Garden, then more of Laurel's hand-dyed pink fabric, with an oldie of mine featuring tiny hearts dangling from strings (but the stripes are sideways here -- so that the butterfly can fly up). Click here for Felice's directions.

I can hardly wait to share it with my traditional quilt bee .... what will they think of making a quilt which has an error, a deliberate mistake, in every single block?

I love this block both in the correct layout and also in this oopsie version.  The error is quite noticeable (even to the non-quilters among us), and yet it is pleasing as well (at least to me).  This block makes me smile.

No comments: