I have three more blocks pieced and ready to share.
The very first block, the Happy Hour Star, is an oops version based on the traditional pattern known as the Sawtooth Star. It is currently lacking the embroidery in the center square at the moment, which will personalize the block and the entire quilt.
![]() |
| block #1 - Happy Hour Star |
I love the two fabrics in this block. One is a lovely background of a line-drawn floral from Emma's Garden by Patty Sloniger (with Michael Miller Fabrics). The other is a hand-dyed pink by my friend Laurel Cull. Click here for directions to make an 8" finished version the Sawtooth Star or click here for Felice's directions for the 12" Happy Hour Star block. Or use your own method, like I did. I used 3" Thangles to piece the eight half-square triangle blocks which make the star points.
| block #5 - Mimosa |
Since I am racing to catch up, I am not stitching the blocks in the order that Felice released them. I stitched this one, Mimosa, next as it has a similar format to the first block. Both blocks are a basic a four-patch made with 6" square units. The dark burgundy print is from the Emma's Garden line, the pink is a recent calico print while the light background fabric is a more ancient calico print that has been aging in my stash for many years, possibly since the last century. You will see more of it in this quilt, as I am working hard to Sew My Stash during 2016. Click here for Felice's directions to make this 12" block. While I almost opted out of her method thinking to use my trusty Thangles again, I decided to try this new fabric-saving method to piece the Flying Geese units 'discovered' by Patti R. Anderson of Patch Pieces. Click here for directions on this original "No Waste Method for Making Flying Geese". I do enjoy trying out new techniques such as this one.
![]() |
| block #8 - Amaretto Sour |
This is Amaretto Sour, the eighth block in the series and another four-patch. It is one of my favorites. It uses the same Emma's Garden light print as seen in the first block above and a remnant from Brother Sister Design Studio that I found in my bag of pink scraps. Click here for Felice's directions, use your own method, or try using 3" Thangles (which is what I did).
Three more blocks are complete.
Stay tuned for more ....
Stay tuned for more ....






No comments:
Post a Comment