A first granddaughter is such a wonderful blessing. This gorgeous quilt (visually striking up close and from a distance) was made in celebration of the quilter's first granddaughter's first birthday.
The quilter is Harumi Asada who is from Higashiura, Japan. What a delightful quilt she has made!
Look closely and you will find photos of her precious granddaughter tucked into many stars circling the quilt. This baby is truly loved and treasured!
This quilt was in a special exhibit, Hands All Around 2011. Here are a few more details about the quilt as shared by the quilter Harumi Asada.
Hint: If you Google this quilter, you will find that she has made many other gorgeous quilts -- but alas, I cannot find a blog or website that I can share with you. Instead I will share names of her other beautiful creations:
The Breath of Life featured in a 2008 Quilt Market exhibit
Gems of Thirty Years (looks like an Anniversary quilt, perhaps?)
Family, Flower and Music (happy memories with her family)
Open Up! Your Dream Flower (inspired by an 1870 Bengali embroidered quilt)
I am sure there are more -- please share any that you know of with me.
Harumi, if you are reading this, please know that you have another true fan - me!
| Happy Birthday by Harumi Asada |
Look closely and you will find photos of her precious granddaughter tucked into many stars circling the quilt. This baby is truly loved and treasured!
This quilt was in a special exhibit, Hands All Around 2011. Here are a few more details about the quilt as shared by the quilter Harumi Asada.
Hint: If you Google this quilter, you will find that she has made many other gorgeous quilts -- but alas, I cannot find a blog or website that I can share with you. Instead I will share names of her other beautiful creations:
The Breath of Life featured in a 2008 Quilt Market exhibit
Gems of Thirty Years (looks like an Anniversary quilt, perhaps?)
Family, Flower and Music (happy memories with her family)
Open Up! Your Dream Flower (inspired by an 1870 Bengali embroidered quilt)
I am sure there are more -- please share any that you know of with me.
Harumi, if you are reading this, please know that you have another true fan - me!






No comments:
Post a Comment