Saturday, November 12, 2011

Free For All

One of my sons noticed this book on a recent trip to our local public library.  Being the library regulars that we are, he promptly picked it up, checked it out, read it and then recommended it to me.  I have just finished it this morning.  I confess, I thought I was reading a fictional story, only to be corrected by my son -- this is more Memoir than Fiction.

Don Borchert shares many stories of the quirky folks he has come across while employed in a public library.  If you are regular visitor to your local library, you will enjoy reading Mr. Borchert's tales of the "Oddballs, Geeks, and Gangstas in the Public Library".  Look for this book (or request a copy through the inter-library loan, which is a favorite feature at our branch.  We browse book titles at home, via the internet, then select a few and "request" to borrow them.  An email arrives when the book is ready to be picked up. 

Support your local library and your local Independent book stores.  Above all -- Read!
Please be sure to share any good reads you discover with me.

1 comment:

MB Hayes said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I just put it on hold at my library. We can reserve via the internet too and it is my favorite "internet" thingie. I will share it with my dad too.