Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lawndale Mural

What's this I see?

 ... on Main Street in the Museum District ...

... on the north exterior wall of the Lawndale Art Center ...

I heard it was there so I drove past and took these photos to share. 

This mural is a collaboration between artists Daniel Anguilu and Aaron Parazette.

I learned (via Fresh Arts/Spacetaker) that:  This project is the third phase of the rotating mural at Lawndale. Both painters employ forms of abstract patterns in their work, though their individual approach differs greatly. Anguilu’s intuitive approach to painting outdoor spaces results in gestural forms that take shape on the wall, while the clean lines and mathematical forms of Parazette’s work  result from a more calculated approach to painting.

... and (via Facebook) that the mural is already being painted over and prepped for the next artistic creation.  


Apparently I happened by the mural during its final days!  I'm glad I did and I will share photos of the next mural soon ....

No comments: