I'm having fun with my latest project - making mug rugs to trade, swap, and give-away. For those that may not know, a mug rug is a small quilt that is larger
than a coaster and smaller than a placemat, room for a coffee cup and a
treat (cookie, muffin, croissant - that's your choice!). Click
here to see more mug rugs.
Here are four that are currently in the growing stage ... It's easy to figure out the inspiration here (an upcoming holiday!)
Making these small mug rugs are a great way to try out new things. In the one above, I explored some of the fancier stitches my machine is capable of doing, but which I rarely ever try. In the one below, I played with arranging, specifically the scattered blue triangles under the hearts.
The two below are inspired by the Hawaiian appliqué pattern, similar to cutting a paper snowflake.
All of my mug rugs are made from the scraps and discards from previous projects. I'm recycling! or up-cycling!
One or more of these may be swapped in my upcoming Modern Quilt Guild meeting. Stay tuned for the final versions.
No comments:
Post a Comment