Friday, October 16, 2009

IQF Detail shots ...

Last week, I worked as a Quilt Angel hanging quilts to convert the cavernous George R. Brown Convention Center to Quilt Fantasy Land. One of my absolute favorite quilts spied while working that day is this one by Karen Stone.

Clam Session
by Karen Stone of Beaumont, Texas, USA

I was so pleased to discover that she won the prize for Mastery Award for Innovative Artistry, sponsored by Maywood Studios.


Today, I am looking closely at the minute details of the biggest prize winners, including detail shots of their quilt art below.

The detail below is from the World of Beauty award-winning quilt.

Hearts and Garlands
by LIZ JONES
of LEOMINSTER, HEREFORDSHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM


Garden of Dream
by FUSAKO TAKIDO
of SHIZUOKA SHI, SHIZUOKA KEN, JAPAN

The quilt above won the Founder's Award.


Best of all are the two detail shots from the Best of Show quilt:


On the Wings of a Dream

by CARYL BRYER FALLERT
of PADUCAH, KENTUCKY


I love the quilting through-out this piece. See how her quilting alone continues the flow of fabric waves across the leg.

Sorry to be sharing the same quilts as yesterday ... I will try to broaden myself by taking photos of other quilts tomorrow!

No comments: