Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Quilt Market 2009

Quilt Market is my annual Quilt Family Reunion held every year, same time, same place. This family dates back 14 years ago to an internet Round Robin group I was in with Mary Beth Hayes. We met at Market that year, then Mary returned the very next year to launch her invention: Thangles, which I believe to be the easiest way to make 1/2 square triangles.

Above is Mary with my guys and hers at last year's Quilt Festival. I met her sister Wanda Hayes Eichler long ago, too. Below you can see me with Wanda in her Graywood Designs booth at this year's Quilt Market.


Wanda comes all the way from Pigeon, Michigan (in the thumb region) to show her quilt books and knitting patterns. If you are in Michigan, check out her studio shop Pigeon River Mercantile (note: she is online too).


Quilt Market continues to be a time to meet online friends face-to-face. This photo shows me with Robin Koehler who I met recently via the QuiltArt list.

Robin is another friendly multi-talented person (aren't all quilters?). Check out her website Nestlings by Robin to see if you agree. Of course now I am wishing that I had taken more photos at Market to share here .... maybe I will remember next year .....

You can find me during Festival in either the Thangles booth (#124 or so) or the Graywood Designs booth (#1452) ... unless I am wandering among the wonderful quilt exhibits .....

No comments: